Mamavation Monday – First Success

by Shannan on January 10, 2011

Well, I survived week one of Weight Watchers, basically intact and still feeling motivated to stick with it. Drinking my water has been my biggest struggle, since our tap tastes like crap. (Whee…I’m a poet!) I’m trying to overcome it by adding lemon or lime to my water, and hubs was sweet enough to pick up some bottled water for me without being asked.

I’ve been using the kids’ Kids Bop Dance for Wii as my exercise program this week. It’s really gotten me moving and even working up a good sweat. While I know it’s not going to quite be enough for a long term exercise plan, it’s fitting the bill for now.

The support I’m getting at home is really making a difference. Just being asked if I can have something when hubby’s making dinner or picking something up, or him checking to see if I have the snacks and foods that I need to make it through the day is so helpful and encouraging. He knows it’s important to me and he’s making it a priority in his life, too.

And now, for the big reveal….

I’m down 6.5 lbs!!!

I know after a couple of  great weeks, things will settle into a smaller, more steady weight loss, but watching that number make big jumps in the beginning is really keeping me going.

This week, my goals are to:

1. Hit my water targets every day.
  2. Find another exercise program to add to the mix.
  3. Exercise at least five days out of seven.

I still have a long road ahead of me, but with the help of my family and the support of my friends and the Mamavation girls, I know I can do this!

{ 10 comments }

1 Marie January 10, 2011 at 11:13 am

That is great news 6.5 lbs!! Congrats! I love that your family is being so supportive! Give hubby lots of love and attention for being so supportive. Such a blessing that is that he cares that much for you! Have a great week!
.-= Marie´s last blog ..P90X Challenge-Start of Week 2 =-.

2 Maria @BOREDmommy January 10, 2011 at 11:25 am

Congrats!!! Great job!!!
.-= Maria @BOREDmommy´s last blog ..Weight Watchers Points Plus – Week One =-.

3 Nikki January 10, 2011 at 11:31 am

I’m hoping to join you in this later on this year. I wish I could do the weight watchers but I can’t afford it just yet. Hopefully that will change in a month or so… Until then, I’ll work up a sweat with my pom-poms cheering you on!
.-= Nikki´s last blog ..Struggling to Reach my Education Anarchist =-.

4 kia January 10, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Congratulations on your loss and that is fantastic that you have that kind of support at home. Good luck with your goals this week.

5 MrsFatass January 10, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Congrats on both the loss AND the support. They are both to be celebrated!
.-= MrsFatass´s last blog ..hey Rocco! call me! =-.

6 Beth @ TheAngelForever January 10, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Congratulations and thank you for the peer pressure to just suck it up and rejoin again. It’s been great cheering each other on. Can not wait to splurge and have a Dole Whip with you soon :)
.-= Beth @ TheAngelForever´s last blog ..Tooth Fairy Time Again =-.

7 Lena B January 10, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Such a great progress. Keep it up!
.-= Lena B´s last blog ..Love me- Love me not – Mamavation Monday 13 =-.

8 Scarlett Black @MMScarlett January 10, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Great goals for the week. They aren’t too large or too small!

Have a great week
.-= Scarlett Black @MMScarlett´s last blog ..Mamavation Monday 1-10 – p90x Week 1 Complete! =-.

9 Shelley (@momma_oz) January 11, 2011 at 1:22 pm

WOW!!! Congrats on there being 6lbs less of you! You are doing fantastic :)
.-= Shelley (@momma_oz)´s last blog ..Get to know your Mamavation Mom Applicants – Guest Post – Rebecca B =-.

10 Heather @ Not a DIY Life January 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Wow, wow, wow!!!! What a great week!!

Here’s to another fabulous week *clinks water glass*
.-= Heather @ Not a DIY Life´s last blog ..Mamavation- I Need a Plan =-.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: