Mamavation Monday – I’m Back (Again)

by Shannan on September 26, 2011

It’s been awhile since I’ve shown my face around a Mamavation Monday. Earlier in the year I was kicking butt, dropping pounds and feeling great about myself. Then one day, something happened. I lost my mojo, stopped really caring about eating well and got lazy and complacent about exercising.

Fast forward to this weekend.

I sat in NYC, having an amazing time, with amazing people (including an ass grab from our beloved Bookieboo herself) and on Saturday night, I put on a little black dress. I took one look in the mirror, fought back tears, and took it right back off in favor of pants and a fancy top.

Why? Because when I looked at myself in that dress, I was right back where I started. I haven’t yet looked at the numbers. I may not for awhile. I’m going back to work on me first and numbers aren’t what is going to make it happen.

Starting tomorrow morning, it’s time to start remodeling my body once again. This time, it’s about that little black dress. And when I like how I look in that, I’ll move on to the next piece of clothing that just makes me feel MEH about myself.  I have a couple of other little black dresses in the closet that could definitely be contenders for “round two.”

It might be awhile before I even think about reporting any losses or even start caring about the numbers on the scale. This time, it’s about how I feel. I don’t want to ever again feel the way I did when I looked at myself in that dress.

{ 6 comments }

1 Leah Segedie September 26, 2011 at 11:13 pm

I know exactly how that feels. And it was a moment like that for me that really got me motivated on my own journey. Just remember when you are down in your lowest moments on your back…the only place to go is up. :) XXOO Great to have you back!
Leah Segedie´s last blog post ..Mamavation Twitter Party Launch #10

2 Trish September 27, 2011 at 8:25 am

You got this Momma! You know what JM has a Christmas party in Dec and you will rock that little black dress! I know you will!

3 Andrea Emilien (@AndreaEmilien) September 27, 2011 at 10:08 am

I personally think it is awesome that you are not going to worry about the numbers and concentrate on how your clothing fit – in this case, a sexy little black dress. Good luck!!!!

4 Lo @LoLately September 27, 2011 at 11:16 am

Sending you big, big hugs!
I’m proud of you for not focusing on the numbers. I have every confidence in the world that you’re going to get your mojo back and look sex-saaay the next time you put that dress on.
You can do this and we’ll be here supporting you every step of the way.
Lo @LoLately´s last blog post ..Clearing the Air

5 Katrina - @craftsbykatie September 27, 2011 at 11:41 am

Welcome back. This journey is all about you and about how you feel. I know you’re going to be rocking that little black dress real soon.
Katrina – @craftsbykatie´s last blog post ..Mamavation Monday – Oh what a weekend…

6 Faby A. September 30, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Nice to meet you. Sometimes life gets in the way and it can be tough to stay motivated and keep going with a workout regimen. The good thing is that you recognize what needs to be done and you are back. Enjoy your weekend.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: