Mamavation Monday – Feeling a Little Better

by Shannan on October 3, 2011

It’s Monday again and I’m sticking with my promise to myself to get back on track. Still not focusing on numbers, but I did note that I dropped 4 lbs from last Monday’s weigh in. Being that I did not work terribly hard on exercise last week and I did splurge this weekend a bit, this confirms my original thought that I had been retaining water after a weekend of a little too much drinking and eating while I was away in NYC.

This week, my goal is to get in more exercise. While I did work out a couple of times, I was not on my game in that case the way I really wanted to be. The current objective is to look and feel good enough to wear the offending LBD at Blog World in 4 weeks. I’m not 100% confident that I can pull it off in time, but I’m going to go down swinging.

I’m stepping up the exercise game this week, to try to get at least four one-hour-long workouts into the mix. Will I pull it off? Here’s hoping!

In fact, I’m off to start the first one right now!! Wii Fit, I will OWN YOU.

{ 9 comments }

1 Lo October 3, 2011 at 3:23 pm

You can’t go back and change the past, but you can use it to make different decisions and change your future. Looks like you’re making the decisions and taking the steps! Have a great week!
Lo´s last blog post ..#Mamavation Mondays

2 Andrea Emilien (@AndreaEmilien) October 3, 2011 at 3:39 pm

4 lbs no matter what you didn’t or did do is amazing! Congrats!! Just move forward and you will achieve your goals. :) Have a good week!

3 Julie @DutchBeingMe October 3, 2011 at 4:37 pm

4 pounds is AWESOME… no matter how it came off! :) Travelling always does crazy things to the body. Good luck with the exercise – and love that you are taking this with small steps!
Julie @DutchBeingMe´s last blog post ..#Mamavation: Tracking and drinking water…

4 Kimberly @christlikemommy October 3, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I love how casual you were about dropping 4 lbs! Lol way to go! But I totally agree don’t focus on those numbers. They’ll drive ya batty!

5 Shannan October 3, 2011 at 6:47 pm

LOL Trust me, it was not a reward for hard work. It was serious water retention! If I felt like I worked hard for it, I would have celebrated it. Also? Proof positive I shouldn’t weigh myself the day after a blog conference!

6 Owen's Mom October 3, 2011 at 6:51 pm

You know, the best accessory to go with that LBD is confidence… so eat smart, get some cardio in, drink you water and do it to feel good. I bet you will look smashing!

Take each day at a time and do your best. Plan to succeed and then follow through. Have a great week.
Owen’s Mom´s last blog post ..Crazy Dog T-Shirts has Costumes? +Discount Code

7 Shelley (@momma_oz) October 4, 2011 at 3:28 pm

LOVE that you have identified areas of opportunity and made a plan of attack! GREAT job!
Shelley (@momma_oz)´s last blog post ..A new chapter begins… #mamavation Monday

8 Amanda - @ihavetohaveyou October 5, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Way to go with the four pounds!
I hope you’re able to add in the extra workouts this week and stick with your goal – sounds like you have a good gameplan! Good luck!
Amanda – @ihavetohaveyou´s last blog post ..taking a time out.

9 dovev October 9, 2011 at 7:50 am

i say it every week… “This week, my goal is to get in more exercise”… but… well… you know…
dovev´s last blog post ..Cheap mountain bicycles

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: